Saturday, October 9, 2010

That's Not Good

What the college boy posts on Facebook yesterday: "So I'm just chilling in Urban Outfitters with Mariel, humming along to "Sun Hands" by Local Natives, when an old man in a Toyota comes crashing through the window and shatters the back of the store. Pretty sure I almost sh*t myself."  This is the type of stuff I'm privy to, since the youngest re-friended me.  
Enter at your own risk
I call him up. "Are you both okay?" "Yeah. Just a little shook up." "Was anyone hurt?" "I don't think so. People were screaming. The old guy was in shock. There are ambulances and firetrucks here."  "So you take her out to get her mind off things-" "And a car crashes into the store." "The universe has a sick sense of humor, hun." "Sure seems like it, Mama Bear."

3 comments:

  1. If he's calling you "Mama Bear" I think you're in great shape. Our kids won't friend us on FB coz they want privacy. Oh, okay. It's just as well; I cringe when I read my niece's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mama bear. mamaloo. sometimes other names, depending...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see SNL this week? There was a funny fake commercial about a new Facebook App that blocks all the stuff your kids write so their Mothers can't really read what they're really writing on their Facebook pages. Oye!

    Meanwhile thankfully Scotty & Mariel are okay!!!

    ReplyDelete