Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back In Therapy

 
Tell me your problems, SJG. 
"Don't you wish he could be our therapist?" my friend asks. "Oh, hell, yes.  It would be wonderful." "I'd give anything just to sit in the same room and stare at him." "I know.  That hair.  Those eyes.  The accent.  It would be a challenge to put a declarative sentence together in his presence."  "We wouldn't have to talk, we could just stare and drool."
"It wouldn't be a very productive session." "Honestly, SJG, are they ever that productive?" "Who knows.  I've had so many therapists, it's hard to remember." "I'm still looking for the right one."  "I'm done.  It's like trying to find the right gyno.  It's a lifelong quest."  "I know.  But I think Dr. Paul Weston would get me."  "Me, too."  "He'd bypass all the boring childhood trauma."  "He'd cut right through to the core of our being." "How cool would that be?" "Very, very." "I wonder how much he charges."  "A lot.  Plus that commute to Brooklyn's a bitch."  "It'd be worth it."  "It'd be so worth it."  "You think he's taking new patients?"  "I hear he's booked solid."  "Stop, you're depressing me." "Sorry.  At least we can watch him on TV." "It won't be the same." "It's better than nothing."  "Listen to you, Little Miss Optimist." "In Treatment" returns Monday, Oct. 25, on HBO.  Thank God.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember any of my former Therapists' names. To me that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete